Content Advisory Group
The purpose of the Content Advisory Group is to share information about health information resources and vendor relations, and provide guidance to HKN on resources to trial or license.
Goals and Objectives
To provide guidance and information about:
- Current and potential resources licensed by members of the Advisory Group in order to identify consortia opportunities.
- Information about new resources of possible interest to other members of the Group, and to the larger HKN subscribership.
- Resources to consider for trial or license.
- Communications with vendors and information suppliers.
The Content Advisory Group is a voluntary group with no decision making powers over other group members. Initial direction will be provided by the HKN General Manager who will act as the Chair. The General Manager reports to the HKN Executive Committee, and to the HKN Partners.
Criteria and Process for Selection of Members
Content Advisory Group members are selected by invitation from the HKN Executive. Criteria for inclusion include:
- Must be an HKN subscriber.
- A balance of academic, hospital and government/research/non-profit sectors.
- Solid knowledge of health information resources.
- Influence on collection development within subscribers’ library/organization.
- Available to meet via teleconference or in person semi-annually, and to provide feedback to HKN throughout the rest of the year on resources of interest to their library.