Working with Alberta’s two largest universities provides HKN with exceptional expertise in negotiations.
One stop support
We coordinate all licensing, training, invoicing and technical processes to simplify your lives.
The collections librarians at both Universities evaluate all resources licensed by HKN.
Combining multi-sector subscribers under one organization allows HKN to increase considerably its buying power.
The Health Knowledge Network (HKN) uses a Balanced Scorecard approach to understand our subscribers’ needs and to identify key business activities that align with our vision and strategy. The strategic agenda advances the mission and vision of the Health Knowledge Network, and is aligned with our Principles and Values.
- Explore and negotiate discounted subscriptions for new and/or existing content.
- Explore multi-year contracts to address inflation and fluctuating exchange rates.
- Communicate selected language from license agreements to subscribers.
- Post exchange rates and vendor inflation rates on HKN website.
Marketing and Communications
- Meet with Saskatchewan and Manitoba library directors regarding their evolving health regions.
- Enhance communications and better reflect HKN’s business operations.
- Consult with CAG members to identify issues of relevance.
- Leverage expertise of Partner University Collections Units and CAG members to inform content selection, negotiations, and trial decisions.